I created these fun DIY HANGING HALLOWEEN MUMMY LANTERNS for the recent Halloween Party I did for Pottery Barn Kids (full party will be featured soon)! The lanterns were adorable, and super easy to make!
Follow my simple DIY tutorial below to make yourself some cute Mummy lanterns….
1. Assemble your paper lantern as instructed on package.
2. Glue one end of your white crepe paper streamer to the lantern and start wrapping the crepe paper around the lantern. Secure with a dot of hot glue when needed.
3. Continue to wrap your lantern in white crepe paper, going in whatever direction you would like!
4. Once the entire lantern is covered in white streamer strips hot glue two googly eyes to the front center of the lantern.
5. Take a 10 inch strip of crepe paper and glue it across the bottom part of the eyes, somewhat covering them….
6. Take another 10 inch strip and do the same thing as above to the top of the eyes…
7. Attach string to the top hook of the lantern for hanging and, viola! You now have a mummy lantern!
Hang several above your halloween table or halloween dessert table!