Ghostbusters Party Details:
This is what Kate said about planning the party-
“Theme: Ghostbusters Ghost Catcher Party
If you were a child of the 80’s, you were fortunate enough to be around when the movie Ghostbusters was released! This classic movie was filled with witty humor, paranormal activity, and scary spirits of many shapes and forms! I recently had a fantastic opportunity to design a ghost catching party, inspired by the popular flick. Our theme was designed to be fun, modern and inspire a new outlook on a child’s Halloween party.
Décor & Inspiration:
Halloween is the most inspiring holiday and time of year for me. As a young child, I can remember back to all the beautiful yard displays, smell of fresh pumpkin and colorful fall leaves that created a wicked and enchanting ambience that will stick with me to the end of time.
To bring Halloween to life, our location was to inspire the beginning of fall. We used a barn with rustic furnishings (Table & ladder) to elevate the display and give it character! To inspire the second aspect of New York; the city that never sleeps, we used modern decorations, bright greens & blacks, and many items that are signature Ghostbusters decor!
Sweets & Eats:
The entire display was a treat oasis. The fondant slime cake with logo was dripping with bright green; which was the focus color of many other aspects of our display. The “New York” style candied pizzas were a slice of perfection, and paired nicely with the jars of candies. The “Stay Puft” Marshmallows were a must; along with the “Slimer Mints” for fresh breathe when encountering ghostly spirits at any party! Our cake designer also brilliantly designed the chocolate Ghostbusters sugar cookies with matching name tags.
The party would not have been complete without “Slimer Snot”. These DIY Slime cups were fun, affordable, and easy to make for any parent for the Halloween season! The ooze was the perfect consistency to play with, and a perfect project to make ahead of time (with our without children)! We also included Ghostbusters buttons as a take home gift for the children. These fun buttons were considered prize medals for vanquishing evil spirits!
The most evil villains in the movies can always be made to look adorable. In this child themed party, we took the loveable but deadly marshmallow and turned it into our character “Stay Puft Mallow Girl”. A very suited dress, matched with a “Stay Puft” custom made headband served as a clever twist to the original villain from Ghostbusters. DIY costume hats are simple but effective in creating the character you wish to convey! Thankfully our mallow girl only took interest in the giant chocolate sugar cookies, and was distracted from her job to destroy the ghost catchers”!
HOW TO MAKE
1. 1 tsp of Borax (Found in detergent aisle of store)
2. ¼ tsp of Green food coloring
3. 1-1/2 cups of Regular Glue (We used Elmer’s)
4. 2 Cups of Warm Water
1. Dump the contents of your glue into a large mixing bowl. Add in 1 cup of warm water (Set the rest aside). Add in food coloring to make the desired shade you wish for.
2. In a separate bowl, mix in 1 tsp of borax with remaining warm water. Stir until mixture has dissolved.
3. Slowly pour your Borax mixture into the first large mixing bowl and stir. You may not use the entire Borax mixture depending on what consistency you are looking to achieve with your slime.
4. Stir until mixture forms a slime ball. You can work all the mixture together with your hands at this point. Over the next 1-2 minutes you will notice the slime will form into a perfect blend.
5. You are finished! Enjoy your slime mixture with kids and loved ones!
HOW TO MAKE
“NEW YORK STYLE CANDIED PIZZA”
1. A. 1 tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough [or] B. homemade sugar cookie dough (prepared but not baked yet)
2. ½ cup of chocolate chips
3. ½ cup of peanut butter
4. ¼ cup of milk (2%)
5. Candy toppings of choice (We used mixed nuts and mini M&M’s in ours)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Roll out your doll with pin to desired size. Our pizza was 7 inches wide. Indent your pizza approximately a ½ inch from outside and continue around the border. Put your pizza crust onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (Or until crust looks golden brown). Let pizza cool entirely before continuing.
3. On medium-low heat, stir chocolate chips, peanut butter, and milk together in saucepan. Blend until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Using a spatula gently spread your mixture onto your crust. For best results, keep your mixture on the inside of your ½ inch indent.
5. Add your candy toppings like you would that of a pizza!
6. You are finished! You may serve as is, freeze, or eat chilled!
Items and supplies used in this Ghostbusters Halloween Party available in Kara’s Party Ideas Shop:
Love Kara’s Party Ideas? Keep up with the latest party ideas, FREE party printables, tutorials, recipes and more by following Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest!
See the next set of images from this party 1 2