**UPDATE** This giveaway has ended. CONGRATULATIONS to the winners: Kasie Ellenburg and Julie M.! Thank you to everyone who entered!!**
I’m so excited about today’s giveaway! TWO lucky winners will have FREE access to hands-on training, tips, and tricks from cake decorating pro Jessica Harris, of Jessicakes, courtesy of her extremely successful video class called “Clean and Simple Cake Design”.
The class has over three hours of material broken down into 10 HD video sessions that you can watch at your own convenience. You’ll learn a lot of useful and innovative techniques, including:
- How to make your own marshmallow fondant
- How to make your own modeling chocolate
- How to expertly crumb coat a cake using buttercream or chocolate ganache
- How to perfectly cover a cake, round or square, with fondant
- How to transfer graphic designs from waxed paper onto your fondant-covered cake
- How to use templates to easily achieve complex designs, like chevrons, stripes and intricate “piping”
Best of all, you’ll finish the class having made some stunning cakes! A bonus is that access to the videos never expires, so you can re-watch them as often as needed to understand a technique or be reminded of a detail! This class has been Craftsy.com’s fastest selling, highest rated class and it’s only been out for a little over 2 months! Jessica designed the class to help the hobbyist/mommy baker create beautiful, clean, sharp and stylish cakes in less time. But it’s also a class with so many innovative techniques that even professionals who have been decorating cakes for 20 years are amazed at how much they are learning!
Here’s a little background from Jessica herself: “I started my blog, Jessicakes, about 3-1/2 years ago with the hope of helping moms like me make better cakes for their friends and family. It was designed to document my journey into the world of cake decorating and to be a resource to save others the frustrations I have felt in learning this art form on my own, without formal training. My blog has become really popular in the cake community and is a great resource to learn how to make beautiful, clean cakes with simple techniques.
In fact, I am the designer of the Hot Air Balloon cake that Kara used for her son Easton’s 1st birthday party (and also ended up being in the photo on the cover of her book). I didn’t create the cake for her party, but designed it and posted the templates that Kara’s cake decorator, Sweeten Your Day Cakes, used to create it. She did a fantastic job!
I got into cake decorating because I wanted to create fun cakes for my kids’ birthday parties. The only problem is that cake decorating can take up a ton of time and when you first get started there can be a lot of failures and frustrations. My passion is to keep other moms from getting frustrated and wasting time and money, but to help them have success instead! There are a lot of people like me who don’t have the money to spend on beautiful, custom cakes for their children’s parties. But with a little training, guidance and some clever tips/tricks, anyone can create beautiful cakes to wow their family and guests!
HOW TO ENTER TO WIN A FREE Cake Decorating Class from Jessica Harris:
1. “Like” Jessicakes on Facebook and come back here to this post and leave a comment saying you did so.
2. Share this giveaway on Facebook and leave a comment here saying you did so.
3. Follow Kara’s Party Ideas on Pinterest and leave a comment here saying you did so.
4. Follow Kara’s Party Ideas on Google + and leave a comment here saying you did so.
Good luck! Giveaway ends Tuesday, June 25th at 11:59pm MDT. The TWO winners will be notified within 48 hours and announced here.