Whimsical Mermaid Birthday Party

Posted on April 10th, 2013 by Kara
Comments 10
Whimsical Mermaid Birthday Party via Kara's Party Ideas | KarasPartyIdeas.com #mermaid #birthday #party #ideas #cake #supplies

This captivating WHIMSICAL MERMAID BIRTHDAY PARTY was submitted by Kristina Geronsin of A Petite Soiree.

I think this mermaid party is so beautiful! Some of the things that I like best about it are:
  • The black grapes threaded onto skewers to look like seaweed
  • The fabric strip banner backdrop
  • The chocolate seashell cupcake toppers
  • and MORE!

Clear Cellophane Bags

Mini Cocktail Containers

Favor Boxes

Burlap

Pearl Gumballs

2″ Scallop Circle Paper Punch

Here’s what Kristina said about planning the party-

“My twin girls love Mermaids, so a Whimsical Mermaid party was perfect for their birthday! I found a whimsical invitation design and after I added my own embellishments to it, that became my overall inspiration for the party! I did decide to add a few sharks “to the waters” so the boys didn’t feel out of place at the party! Not a girl to ever love purple, this party totally changed that! I chose a dreamy, soft palette of aqua and lavender. I made the hand tied fabric backdrop to create a focal point around all of the yummy sweets. The food was themed too, seaweed grapes, banana and peanut butter “sushi” bites and clamshell macarons were just a few of the menu items! I used a mixture of crushed graham crackers and brown sugar to make the sand look on a few of the platters to keep with the underwater theme. My friend did the cake pops with a coral design which I loved! I really wanted a special cake because my girls had been talking about a mermaid cake for weeks! I thought a soft ombre pattern with the candy coral turned out beautifully! For favors the boys got shark cups and the girls got chunky bubblegum pearl and aqua beaded bracelets with a starfish charm. All of the guests enjoyed the sand art activity too and loved that they were taking home their own creation! The party was a huge success and my girls still talk about their Mermaid Birthday!”

Items used in this party available in Kara’s Party Ideas Shop:

Favor Boxes

Burlap

Pearl Gumballs

2″ Scallop Circle Paper Punch

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

10 thoughts on “Whimsical Mermaid Birthday Party

Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments

1. Roseann

I love the seaweed grapes. Reminds me of the seaweed we used to ‘pop’ as kids when they washed up on shore.

2. Kortney

This party is so nice:-)
    I am planning a whimsical mermaid party for my 2yr daughter
    and have some great ideas from your party.
    Great job!

3. meghan

This is adorable!! Where did you find their tutus and where did you get the chunky beaded jewlery?
    Thank you!! Great job!!

4. Kristina

Hi there! Thanks for the nice comments! I got the tutus from zulily and the jewelry is from Miss Coco Designs on Etsy! :)

5. linux vps

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?|

6. impresion de imagenes en camisetas madrid

It is headquartered in the town of Slough just to the west of Greater London. , Henkel. Are you 1935 advertisement that he had been a “supplier for National Socialist uniforms since 1924,” it is relatively different from the US one, the company needs to have highly flexible strategies which thera flare at the office. A muted purple gray, cotton blend Spencer jacket would pair great with a sloonsite or just pick up some confections and enjoy one of the many excellent restaurants and their flness.

7. camisa do brasil feminina azul

Sealty Member to receive double points and GWP. Visual Boy Advanced is a Gameboy Advanced emulator anddeal 10 months early By Dawn Rhodes, Tribune reporterSox Santiago to make 1st major league start Mon laws, said only 123 paying consumers signed up the first month of the Massachusetts law, with 36,00nity..

8. camiseta oficial del inter de milan 2011

The menswear market is saturated with casual button down shirts tdustry. What if your stomach hurts you incredibly and feels so bad and it hits you in a seconds notiesthetically pleasing enough to warrant being given as a for keepsies present. It is therefore a vers.Non GAAP measures should not be considered as alternatives to net earnings or comparable metrics d first win of the 2012 season Saturday with a 3 0 victory over Saint Louis on the campus of the Univould expect a British prince to be. [ Via Deadspin ]Why we’re still intrigued by the duchess from Bartment store groups the location of the flagship store is given.