8 thoughts on “46_600x818

Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments

1. kayla

I am having a truck themed party for my son and will be having similar theme options. I love the idea of this cake! But I am perplexed as to how you did the diagonal design. Could you tell me how you baked the cake?

Thanks!
    Kayla

2. Kathleen W

We are having a construction themed 4th birthday in November – and this cake looks amazing! I would love to ask for the recipe and guidance on how to make it. Thanks!
    -Kathleen

3. sara cahill

I love this cake. We are having a construction party for my son’s 4th birthday and this cake is perfect. Could you please tell me how you made it?

Thanks!

Sara

4. Sherry

I am making a construction cake and would love to learn how you made the inside of the cake look like this. I love it!

5. YVONE

i know how thats made. you make 4 yellow cakes and 4 black (chocolate) cakes and then you let them cool completely. when they are COMPLETELY cooled off, you take a carving knife and cut at an angle a circle. so you have 3 different pieces. do that for all 4 pieces or just two or however many layers you will make. you just need an even amount of layers. 3 wont wrk. so 2,4,6.

6. Ann

How did you make the stripped yellow and black construction cake? I would love to try this for my 3 yr old grandson’s 3rd birthday in July

7. rhonda

Hi, I would love to try that cake for my son’s birthday. But it’s not making sense to me how you accomplished it. Can you try to explain it more to me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

8. shauna

Thank you for this great idea. I was surprised I was able to accomplish this with a lot less hassle than I thought.
    What I did was bake 2- 12″ rounds 1 devils food the other butter yellow cake. I then froze my cake for a day (I think that helped immensely with the cutting). (also I read up on how to freeze properly, wrap and wrap again)
    After a day I took out the rounds and cut out “rings” of the same size from both cakes but with my knife at a 45% angle when cutting around the circle.
    So then I placed alternating flavors and re-wraped up my new two layers and refrigerated them before frosting the next day. My cake only had 2 layers , but the same could be repeated for 4 layers.
    Everyone loved the cake and said it was super moist, so don’t be afraid of freezing the cake.