Final Reveal- Michaels Holiday Dream Christmas Tree Challenge- My Tree!

Posted on November 20th, 2012 by Kara
Comments 19

Kara Allen | Kara's Party Ideas Christmas Tree- Michaels Holiday Dream Tree Challenge | Shabby Chic Vintage

Here it is! The tree I created for Michaels Arts & Crafts!

I was so excited when a special someone from Michaels corporate offices contacted little old me asking if I would create a tree for their Holiday Dream Tree Challenge! Um, yes please! What a dream!

Everything on the tree is from Michaels. We made a lot of the ornaments & decor from craft supplies purchased there, but also added beautiful ornaments from Michaels’ amazing collection! They have so many beautiful crafts and holiday ornaments…it was so hard to chose what theme I wanted! If you can’t tell, I went with a Vintage Shabby Chic tree. I just love how it turned out.

And can I just say that I have the greatest assistants– A huge thanks to Kelli, Amber & Jamie for all your help!! Hope you were able to get all the mod podge & glitter off your hands!

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

19 thoughts on “Final Reveal- Michaels Holiday Dream Christmas Tree Challenge- My Tree!

Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments

1. jenni

oh, man….i pick you as THEE winner! honestly. i’ve seen a lot of the other michael’s challenge trees, which are nice, kara, but yours is fabulous! it makes the michael’s tree look amazing. really. your creation is absolutely astounding. i so hope you win this. what did you make your garland out of on the tree base? the addition of that to complete the shabby chic feel on the base was a stroke of genius. the finishing touch. the piece de la resistance. perfect. the entire thing. i want it. love it. amazing.

2. Anonymous

I really your beautiful tree–it has all of the things that I LOVE. Each photo just got better and better! One just can’t beat an all white Christmas tree as it just looks so beautifully “wintery”!

3. Ashley

I am in love with this tree! I’m redoing my tree this year and your shabby chic tree is the inspiration! I shop a lot at Michaels- I wish you’d do some tutorials and show what you made and what you bought as is.

4. Kandi Lauzara

Kara,
    Kudos, beautiful job and what a wonderful imagination.
    All of your ornaments are simple yet elegant. Being a crafter / artist
    my self I look at each ornament and see that they would be easy
    enough for a beginner but together they look like a designer tree.
    I’ve looked at all of the trees so far and yours is hands down the most beautiful.
    All most all of your ornaments could be incorporated into any other STYLE of tree
    just by changing colors and papers.
    I truly hope this conveys to you just how AMAZING I think your tree is. I will definately be keeping an eye on your blog. True inspiration!!!! :)
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

5. Virginia

Your tree is drop-dead georgeous! I do not know who won but you did in my book. Found you on Pinterest…so glad I did. You are really talented.

6. Faith

Hi there! I simply would like to offer you a huge thumbs up
    for the excellent information you have got here on this post.
    I’ll be returning to your blog for more soon.