Shabby Chic Roses & Pinwheels 1st Birthday Party

Posted on April 25th, 2012 by Kara
Comments 16

This SHABBY CHIC ROSES AND PINWHEELS 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY was submitted by Bethany Jenkins. Too sweet for words. What a delicate and lovely party!

Here is what Bethany had to say about the party- “Jocelyn’s first birthday party was planned, hand-crafted, and catered by her mom & dad with help from her “Gams.” When we set out to plan her party we knew we wanted to do something shabby chic. Even at the young age of one we know Joss (as we call her) is an old soul and a vintage look fits her to a “t.”

We decided to celebrate her birthday at our home with 65 of our closest friends and family. We knew we wanted a way to seat everyone together so we constructed a 48’ table with hay bale seating down both sides. The table was covered with fabric and a custom fitted shabby chic mini rose table runner. We accessorized with fresh pink roses in recycled glass bottles and monogrammed burlap wrapped candles. Joss held court at the head of the table in a vintage high chair passed down for 3 generations in her Daddy’s family. Her toddler guests were seated at an 8’ farmhouse table with matching table runner accessorized by handmade pinwheels and party hats in coordinating papers.

For dinner guests were served pulled pork sandwiches wrapped and sealed with a monogrammed label, corn on a stick, macaroni and cheese, and baked beans. In lieu of plates each item was individually portioned and placed on a recycled cardboard tray. Guests were offered monogrammed bottled water, sweet tea in mason jars, or glass bottled soft drinks to quench their thirsts. The serving table was garnished with lace, a pin-tucked pink overlay, and a burlap runner along with pinwheels, vintage candle sticks, and a portrait of Joss.

The gift table offered matching linens along with a variety of photos, pinwheels, pennant and old fashioned hard candy to give out as a “thank you” for attending her celebration.”

Candy Sticks, Jars, Paper Straws, Pinwheels, Twine, Burlap, Nut Cups- All available in Kara’s Party Ideas Shop

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

16 thoughts on “Shabby Chic Roses & Pinwheels 1st Birthday Party

Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments

1. Lee Heiden-Schock

Everything is done perfectly.. I’m so inspired for Mothers Day…Karas’ Party photos are beautiful. Love, Love, Love Shabby Chic… I used to cut round holes in the bottom of the pastel chairs you used in your photographs and staple screening into the bottom and use for wild flowers… I kept putting them in my garden and people kept buying them!!! Well Done- I’ll Be Back. Lovely – Lee

2. Jessica Anderson

I love this! I am planning my youngest’ birthday party right now and would love to know where to get the monogrammed water labels and how to make the scalloped paper poufs…very cute party!

1. Bethany Jenkins

Hi Jessica,

My huband & I crafted this party together. :) I made the water bottle labels myself using our home computer & printer. I actually downloaded a picture of the fabric being used on the runner and then inserted a circle and her initials and voila, a water label!

The hanging balls are simply 4″ round cut outs (about 300 per ball) hot glued onto paper laterns.

Happy crafting!

3. Windy City Novelties

I love everything about this! I love the colors, the multiple fabric hanging balls, the way the food is set up and decorated, the cake is gorgeous. The kids table is adorable and I love how the grown ups table has barrels of hay to sit on for seats.

4. Casey

This is just darling!!!! I’m planning something very similar for my little girl’s 1st bday in may, but I’m doing a brunch. I would love to know where you got the pink pintucked material you used…I’m desperately trying to find something just like that but haven’t had any luck at places like joanns and hobby lobby.

1. Kara Post author

Hi Casey!

Actually, I didn’t style this party. But you know what, I have the same exact fabric, and it was, in fact purchased from Hobby Lobby :]. Lol. It’s in the spool section! They still have it {or should}! Good luck! xo

5. Brooke

Do you happen to know if those sandwiches are hot or cold? If they are hot, were they immediately wrapped after cooking and served warm? I would think that would be tedious…unless they can be kept in a warming pan/oven? I also love the individual servings of mac and cheese as well as the corn on the cob on skewers. This would fit so perfectly with the party I am planning for my MIL’s birthday this July, but I just don’t see how they are keeping the food warm/within temp! Only thing I can figure is warming trays/catering boxes and then pulling out the items on trays before consumption time. Hmm…I will figure this out. So glad you shared!

6. Tiffany

I’m planning my daughters 1st birthday soon, and am planning a picnic/pinwheel type theme, but the food is very similar to what I’m doing. I’m just wondering how the food was kept warm if it was pre-wrapped, and served individually? I’m planning on pulled pork and wanted to pre-wrap but was afraid go it getting cold? But this was just darling!!

7. Pingback: A Shabby Fourth of July Birthday «