Marie Antoinette “Let Them Eat Cake” 1st Birthday, Paris Party

Posted on April 13th, 2012 by Kara
Comments 13

I love this precious MARIE ANTOINETTE “LET THEM EAT CAKE” 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY submitted by Lauren Bowie. The setup is just beautiful and all the details are perfect.

Here is what Lauren had to say about the party- “I received a degree in French so when I found out I was having a little girl, I immediately started planning her first birthday party. Her name is Fenley Grace and she is the love of our life! I decided to go with a Marie Antoinette “Let them eat cake!” theme since it was her first time to eat birthday cake. It was a great party and we had so much fun. I ordered a 3 tiered cake, wedding cake flavor, gaudy but simple and elegant. The top tier was hers to play in and smash. She loved it! We had a few dozen macarons, and she actually really liked the macarons. I was shocked! We served champagne with berries for the adults along with decaf coffee. Flavored water and sodas were available for the kids. I spray painted an Eiffel tower gold… that we had left over from our wedding dessert table. Also, I spray painted a cake plate and put a doily on top to serve and I spray painted one of the cupcake stands. It was a fabulous party that we thoroughly enjoyed planning and then celebrating!”

Vendors:

Paper Products- Joosy Card Company

Cake- Cakes by Iris of Jackson, MS

French macarons- Dream Cakes Bakery in Birmingham, AL

Photography- Trey Malbrough

Food, flowers, and décor- Lauren Bowie

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

13 thoughts on “Marie Antoinette “Let Them Eat Cake” 1st Birthday, Paris Party

Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments

1. Jule

That is SO beautiful! It is so inspiring that I am thinking I might also make a Marie Antoinette birthday party …. for myself. ;) Only that for this birthday I have prepared another theme. What a pity! ;)
    Jule

2. lauren

thank you for posting! love seeing it on your website :) it was so much fun. already working on her second… haha

3. Lulu

This is so gorgeous! It is a perfect party theme for the child and adults attending. It looks like she thought of every detail. Such a great mix of elegance and fantasy! Can’t wait to see what she does for #2! What a cool name, too? This mom and I could really be friends!

4. Louise

Who wouldn’t want to attend this party for a one yr old?! She made it special for child and adults. What a lovely concept! The party itself is Paris “headline news”. Every detail is a sight to behold. Thank you Lauren for “coloring” outside the lines on this party. You’re an inspiration for the rest of us! Louise

5. Heather Robinson

You do realize that the quote “Let them eat cake” was said by a completely oblivious Marie Antoinette as peasants went starving. When told of their plight, she said if they had no bread then “let them eat cake”. It was terrible, rude and cruel. This party is disgusting.

6. Lauren

That was actually just a myth…they do not have any proof that she ever actually said that. It’s more of a play on words since my one year old had never eaten cake and I received a degree in French. Please keep the classless opinions to yourself.